Natural Comb (Karakovan) Honey 1kg
1- Totally natural. Free of additives.
2- Since it is not pasteurized and filtered, it has the characteristics of raw honey.
3- Our products are produced in our facilities with ISO 9001 and ISO 22000 quality standard certificates, in accordance with Turkish Food Codex.
4- Barcode No: 8682815947040
● Harşena Karakovan Comb honey has won the GOLD MEDAL and awarded as WORLD NUMBER ONE at the last of Apimondia World Beekeeping Congress World Honey Competition in Canada in 2019 which is held once in 2 years.
What is Karakovan? Why Should You Prefer Harşena Karakovan Honey?
● The karakovan honey is made when the bees fill their own-production wax combs with honey. There are no artifical combs and it is a totally natural honey. The bees use between 10 and 25 kg of honey to produce 1 kg of wax. And that makes the karakovan honey different and more valuable from other ones.
● With 200 years of experience inherited from our ancestors, we produce the karakovan honey in the natural flora of Amasya naturally and without any additives. The regions, in which our bees are located and we make production, has a rich flora and plant diversity. Therefore, our most important difference is the region in which we make production. We are proud to be able to announce the name of the lands on which we have grown up and make production and the name of this heavenly homeland to the whole world with the awards that we have won at the international competitions, thanks to this naturality and experience.
Especially in this period of time, in which it is very hard to find the naturality and originality, it is important for you to have an access to the producers that you are familiar with their resources and can trust. Our bee yard and production area is always open for our customers. You can visit us and our bee yard at any time. All of our customers are invited to have a taste of our honey!
How to Recognize the Real Karakovan Honey?
● The thickness of the wax in karakovan comb honey and whether it melts in the mouth or not may change according to the bee race, season and the flora where the bees are. In addition to this, in the periods when there is big honey flow, the bees aim to store more honey before the end of the honey flow by knitting the honeycomb thinner. In similar way, in the periods when there is little honey flow, they knit the honeycomb thicker. Therefore, the melting of the honeycomb in the mouth does not show the naturality or pureness of the honey.
● Although the crystallization of honey is not a clear and complete proof of its naturality, it can be considered as a clue about its naturality. The naturality of honey can only be seen after the analysis and the comments from specialists on this analysis. Therefore, we make analysis for all of our honey, perform all quality controls before sale and then, we introduce them to our valuable customers. In additon, we share all these analysis with you and try to do our best to provide you detailed information.
● Storage Conditions: Store at room temperature (22°C) with its lid closed. Keep away from high temperature and sunlight.
● Warning: Bee products may cause allergic effects in people having high risk of allergies.
● Children under 1 year old should not be fed honey!
● Due to its nature, honey can be crystallized over time. It can be consumed in this way or it can be restored to its first state by keeping it in 45°C water with the bain-marie method.
What is Apimondia?
Apimondia Congress is the most important event for the beekeeping industry, which is arranged once in 2 years on the same day of the year by World Beekeeping Federation which was founded in 1897.
Our product has won the Gold Medal and awarded as world’s number one at World Beekeeping Awards during the 46th Apimondia Congress which was held in Montreal, Canada in 2019.